Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Influenster Vitality VoxBox


I was delighted to receive my second Influenster VoxBox, which if you don't remember from my last post, is a free program in which you are provided a handful of items to test and review.

I really enjoyed this box, though it won't go down in history as one of my favorite boxes. Some things were really nice, and some were kind of meh. I'll go through the items one by one (links will open in a new window).

1. Pure Leaf Tea - I got the lemon flavor and I loved it. My fiance, however, said it was too lemony for his tastes. I found it refreshing, with just the right amount of sweetness. I do want to eventually try other flavors.

2. First Degree Burn Cream - This will be an absolutely handy item to have around the house. Fortunately (unfortunately?), I haven't had the opportunity to try out this product yet, as I haven't been (and hope not to be!) burned. That said, it's going in the first aid kit so I'll be prepared for any future mishaps!

3. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Ceramide Caplet Serum - This serum was pleasantly surprising. It has made my skin feel softer and more refreshed and smooth. It's a light consistency that goes on feeling wet, but when it dries it doesn't feel like I put anything on my face at all. At $60 it's a bit out of my price range at the moment, but I definitely would purchase this, because I really liked it!

4. Softlips Cube - These come in three flavors: pomegranate blueberry, fresh mint, and vanilla bean. I received the fresh mint and was happy as that is the one I would have picked for myself. It both smells and feels deliciously minty. It left my lips feeling cool and smooth. I love that it's a light balm but still very hydrating. It's probably my favorite thing in this whole VoxBox and I'll for sure be getting the other two flavors as well. 

5. Bikini Ready Energy Gummies - This was such a disappointment. Some products can be tested and reviewed on a tiny sample - vitamins or supplements just aren't one of them. I received only two gummies in the package which is just one serving. I know that some people received a whole bottle in their VoxBox, so this was extra disappointing. 

As for the actual product, the packaging makes the following claims: 
  • Boosts Metabolism 
  • Increases Energy
  • Tastes Great
I don't feel that I can even comment on the first one. One serving is hardly enough to decide if this product has any effect on metabolism. It did indeed give me an energy boost. I have been caring for a new puppy and getting up in the middle of the night for potty trips has had me quite tired. The gummies didn't leave me jittery or anything, but helped me feel a bit more awake and human. 

As for taste... well that's subjective and honestly, I thought they tasted horrible. The two I got were both grape and well... I don't think they tasted anything remotely like grape... maybe some kind of cough syrup. 

Overall, I don't feel that I have enough information to make a sound review, but I was pleased with the energy boost. 

6. Playtex Sport Fresh Balance Tampons - Tampons aren't something I prefer talking about in public, but here we go. They were far more comfortable than other tampons I've tried and I do like that they're scented. No one likes worrying about smell! Good quality and easy to use.

Overall, this was a good box and I was introduced to some new products I hadn't tried yet. I know for sure I'll be purchasing more Softlips cubes, Pure Leaf teas, and maybe the Elizabeth Arden serum as well. Can't wait for the next box!

No comments:

Post a Comment