Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

9 Month Follow Up

Today marks 9 months since my accident (well, technically it was Apr 30th) and things are looking great. I had my last visit with the orthopedic today and I got a thumbs up from him. He said my bones are completely healed and the pain that still lingers is normal. He also confirmed that the screws will remain in, as there is no need to take them out. That made me very happy because I don't want to think about being immobilized another 3 months for those holes to fill back in. Uh uh, no way.

So, I left today for the last time (provided something doesn't happen to my foot in the future) with a "prescription" of exercise, a good multivitamin, and a little bit of sunshine for some Vitamin D to keep my bones strong (He so generously pointed out that 27-30 is peak age for bone density and after that it's all a decline). Yay. Thanks Doc ;)

So, I spose I get to add some exercise to my mornings now and I get to nag Johnny about adding me to his Planet Fitness account (GHFC, oh how I miss you).

Here's to strong bones!

No comments:

Post a Comment