Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

6 Months: I've come a long way.

One week ago marked six months since the car accident that destroyed my car and left me immobile for most of that time. Only in the last two months have I really begun to see enormous progress where mobility is concerned. Where six months ago I lay in bed, unable to move lest a fire erupt underneath my skin, I now am fully mobile and walking.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go; There is nerve damage to my back/shoulder, hip, knee and foot, and I am sure not all of that will heal - ever. I can only walk short distances before my feet start to scream at me, but the pain I feel when walking, thankfully, is not injury pain. It's merely my body adjusting to carrying itself around again. But regardless, I am so much better than even two months ago that I feel like a different person.

I feel that when I am completely healed I will be a better, stronger person than before the accident. I now have a much higher pain tolerance, I can touch my toes while standing and not bend my knees (NEVER been able to that, even as a kid), and I just feel generally happier.

So, without further ado: A trip down memory lane.
May 1 - Day2

May 1 - Day 2
Park Meadows Rehab - Week 3
Just got the cast off. Sometime in Month 2

Cast off. Boot on.

End of Month 2
Month 3
Month 4 brought crutches
And just shy of the 6 month mark, I got rid of the boot!
And now for what you've been waiting for (I'm sure lol), my 6 month update photos!

11-7-11 On two feet and 17lbs lighter


And you can see, I've even ditched the brace!

All healed with minimal swelling.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go.... glad to see your progress! Can't wait to see your post in 1 year from the accident!!

    ReplyDelete