Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review: Hard as Wraps by Sally Hansen

One thing I've always had is thin, brittle nails. I usually try not to grow them too long, because they simply bend too much and break off. So when I heard about Hard as Wraps(aff link), a Hard as Nails product by Sally Hansen, I knew I had to try it.  



The claims on the packaging:



  • Instantly strengthens and protects fragile, soft, or damaged nails
  • Powerful acrylic protection
  • Dries in 60 seconds
The instructions:
  • Apply 1 coat to bare nails. Let dry. Use alone or as a base coat.
Simple enough. Lets get to the nails!

Please excuse the quality of the photos, my lighting wasn't the best. The first photos are the before shots. My nails are long enough now that bending and breaking is getting to be an issue. On my other hand several of the nails are peeling. (If my nails look a bit too pink, it's because I just removed some rather stubborn red polish).




To give you a reference for just how bendable my nails are, this is what my nail looks like with no pressure on it.



And this is what what it looks like when pressing on the nail. I'm not using a lot of pressure, either. They are quite bendy!



Now for the polish! What can it do for me?

This is what my nails look like after the 1 coat of Hard as Wraps. Super shiny! I didn't time exactly how long it took for the polish to dry, but by the time I was done with my second hand, my first hand was completely dry. I would say it couldn't have been more than a 60-90 seconds. So it passes part one of the test.


So it's shiny and dries super fast, but does it make my nails stronger?

Yes it does! In this pic I applied the same amount of pressure I applied in the above photo. As you can see, it's not bending! I call this a success!

Conclusion: 
I am quite impressed with this product. I definitely noticed a difference between the before and after. Of course as a gel polish, it has it's limits. My nails aren't rock hard, and if I apply enough pressure, they will still bend. But it's definitely much more strength than a regular base coat, or even several coats of polish. So, over all I give Hard as Wraps two thumbs up and I will definitely make this my regular base coat.

Have you ever used Hard as Wraps or similar products? What are your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment