Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rocking the Nursing Home

I turned 27 today. Pretty exciting considering everything that has happened in the last few weeks. I came so close to never seeing another birthday. So, I am very grateful that I'm even celebrating at all. The downer is that I'm celebrating my 27th birthday in a nursing home. Though I found out today, they are in the process of getting me out of here! Totally exciting, I just want to make sure that I'm physically ready for that next step. It's scarier than the first day of college!

On the other hand, I have discovered a few perks of my situation, such as:
  • Bed-side service - The food, drinks, cake and ice cream are delivered right to your greedy little fingers.
  • People are extra nice - They go out of their way to help you out (Thanks to everyone I've begged to rearrange the pillows around my foot....again).
  • Desserts are so much tastier - Could be the Percocets. Could be a renewed taste for life...and um... taste in general. Or it could be the very skilled cook that recently joined the group....either way, all I got to say is.... Cinnamon Buttercream frosting=YUM.
  • "Happy Birthday" overload - From nurses to my physical therapists and all of my friends on facebook, I had more "Happy Birthdays" than ever before. A big THANK YOU to everyone who acknowledged my birthday. You guys rock!
So, in all, celebrating my birthday in a nursing home isn't completely horrible. Of course, I'd rather have been celebrating in my new place, but this way has it's perks too.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a wheelchair race to referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment