Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Recipe: Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie

I've been meaning to try a green smoothie for some time now. But for whatever reason, I didn't get around to it until today.

And rather than hunt up a recipe, I just started playing around with ingredients I had on hand, and this is what I came up with.


It's not quite as green as I expected it would be, though that will come with adjusting the ingredients. And though this had a whole, packed, cup of baby spinach in it, I could only taste the fruit. And I love that it's daring me to make it more green! And I should note that as I'm typing this, almost 2 hours later, I still feel full. 



Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie

Ingredients: 
1 cup Baby Spinach, packed
1/2 cup Strawberries
1 6oz container Light Strawberry Banana Yogurt
1/4 cup 1% Milk
Sweetener, to taste 

Directions: 
Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.



Notes: 
I worked with what I had on hand and the nutrition facts are based on that. All of the ingredients can be swapped for those of your choice - spinach for another green, yogurt for a frozen banana, etc. Milk can also be swapped for milk of your choosing (almond, soy, skim, etc). 

Nutrition Facts (makes 1 serving):
Calories - 147
Carbs - 26
Fat - 1
Protein - 9
Sodium - 138
Sugar - 17

Have you tried green smoothies before? If so, what's your favorite one? And if you haven't, what's stopping you?


No comments:

Post a Comment