Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Review: Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

Leaving TimeLeaving Time by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This. Book. Seriously.

It was so far removed from what I expected in general, and even more so from Jodi Picoult. I have always loved her books, but she has outdone herself with Leaving Time. As far as I'm concerned, this book is pure genius.

Leaving Time is told from four different POV's, and in the beginning I was skeptical - That's a lot of narrators and a lot of room to confuse readers. But what surprised me was how easy it was to follow. Not once did I forget who the current narrator was (as I sometimes do in books with more than one POV).

And while the chapters full of elephant information, may seem, at first glance, to be just that - they are so much more. They are full of character, full of tiny details that make this story come alive. And they are absolutely and completely necessary to the story. If these parts don't make sense or seem pointless, I promise they aren't.

And as many other reviews have said, and as is usually present in a J.P. book, there is a wallop of twist at the end. I usually try not to guess the endings (I like to be surprised!) but in this case, I never would have guessed it, no matter how hard I tried. It left my jaw hanging open. When I had around 40 some pages left, I said to my husband, "I don't know if my emotions can even handle what's coming next."

I absolutely LOVED this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment