Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Weekly Challenge: Elegant Flower

A while back I joined a community on Google Plus called Nail Polish Lovers which is an astoundingly large group of nail polish addicts (over 39,000 members).

I've been inspired by their photos on many occasions, but until now, I haven't participated in their weekly challenge. It's simple, though: they pick a theme and you do your interpretation of it.

This weeks theme is flowers, and I've seen many that are really awesome like this one by +McKayle Hart Steen  which has a base rather similar to what I did with my nails, though I saw it after I finished mine.


Or this one by +Brittane Bee which is fun and spunky, and well... yellow. 

And for mine...

I had already painted my nails black and gold when I remembered the flower challenge. So, I gave it some thought and decided to do a simple, elegant flower design, that wouldn't clash with the mood of the black and gold. 

This is what I came up with: 


Simple flower with gold accents


Close up using a macro lens


Different angle using the macro lens
Used: 
  • Sinful Colors in Secret Admirer
  • L.A. Colors Color Craze in Deluxe
  • Sinful Colors in Ruby Ruby
  • Sinful Colors in Snow Me White
What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment