Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

App Review: Last Fish


Now that I have a device that supports a world of apps, I thought I'd share some of my experiences with them, with you from time to time.

I got Last Fish as the free app of the day (a couple days ago) in the Kindle store and I'm already hopelessly addicted to it. It's only 99 cents if you want to try it out!





Game Play: You're a bright little fishy trying to navigate a dangerous glowing sea. The white orbs give you health and the shadow orbs take it away. Tilt your screen to steer the fishy around the evil shadow orbs.


Each level has a different requirement:

  • Survive for a specific amount of time
  • Gain a designated number of health points, or 
  • Swim through a specified number of check point circles
There's also an arcade play style, with 5 levels that are unlocked as you play. In arcade style, the goal is to stay alive as long as you can. I played this style once so far. It was easy until around the 3 minute mark when a shadow fishy started chasing me around. It got hairy after that and I lasted until 3:59.


My Thoughts

Navigating: If the fish were a car, I'd say it has great "handling". Steers easy, turns on a dime.

Ease of play: It's super easy to understand, and so far, pretty easy to beat a level. Right now I'm on level 17 of what looks like 45 levels, so I'd venture that it gets a lot more challenging.

Overall: I am totally enjoying this simple, but insanely addicting game. I love that it isn't complicated or hard to learn, but is still able to challenge me. I also enjoy the kind of zen quality of the swimming fish.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment